What exactly is a moccamaster? Well, quite simply, it is a coffee machine that incorporates various styles of coffee brewing to give you that perfect coffee. This mixes up french press and drip styles of brewing.
This coffee machine is known for getting all the nuances out of your single coffee blends. It really gets all the richness out of your bean. You won’t really want to use blends on this machine, as the flavors will mix together in a way that certainly won’t appeal to coffee purists.
So what is the best kind of coffee for a moccamaster? How can you be sure that you are getting all the flavors out of your beans? How much will you have to pay for a good moccamaster coffee?
Well, if you want the answer to all of these questions and more, then get stuck into our list of the best coffee beans for the moccamaster.
Best Coffee For The Moccamaster
This first coffee is a light nut roast single blend that will certainly give you some spring in your step before you go to work in the morning.
This comes with citrus notes, which will really help to give you that brighter flavor on your pallet. This is great for anyone who does not want that overwhelming taste on their tongue.
This is very sustainable, being grown in Columbian Andes. It is also ethically sourced, which is great for anyone looking to keep their carbon footprint down to a minimum.
This is a whole bean coffee, which is perfect for use in your moccamaster. This will bring out all the subtle flavors from your coffee. If you want the most out of your coffee for the price, then definitely use the moccamaster.
This is roasted in small batches so that the quality of the bean will not suffer. There will be no corners cut with this roasting process.
This is also great for drip filter coffees, espresso machines, pour-over coffee machines and moka pots.
- Versatile – this coffee bean is not just great for your moccamaster, but you can also use it in a wide range of filtering systems and pour over coffee makers.
- Mild – this is one of the lighter flavors of coffee, which is great for those people who are looking for a coffee without the bitter kick.
- Keeps fresh – with an airtight sealer on the bag, you can be sure that your coffee will stay fresh no matter how long you keep it in the cupboard for.
- Small batch roasting for high quality – this is made in small quantities to preserve the overall quality of the coffee.
- Too mild – we know a lot of coffee fans like that extra kick to their coffee. If you do, then we would suggest that you avoid this dark roast.
This next coffee is another single-origin bean, giving you everything that you need for a decent one-note cup of joe.
This comes with a very bright taste, with hints of lemon and honey. This is great if you like your coffee to be without that excessively bitter taste.
This bean is not only great for your moccamaster, but you can also have it for your espresso machine or a drip filter coffee.
This comes in a small batch roasted bag, which ensures that the quality of the coffee is higher than most. This gives you a full profile, which is ideal if you do not like those blends that have competing flavors.
You will certainly enjoy this coffee, but if you don’t then this company has given you a guarantee that they will return it immediately.
This uses grade 1 beans, which denotes the highest quality of beans for your money. If you enjoy a very high-grade coffee, then this is the one for you.
This is a very smooth coffee, so you won’t have to worry about it giving you that bitter aftertaste. We would recommend that you pair this coffee with a sweet treat.
- A great dark roast – this is one for people who want that super boost when it comes to flavor. Only the bravest coffee connoisseurs should have this one.
- A small batch roast – this comes roasted in small batches, which will preserve the quality of the coffee and preserves more of the flavor.
- Cheaper than other brands – if you are prone to spending a lot of money on coffee, then you might want to try this brand, as they do not sacrifice quality for a low price.
- Resealable bag – if you want to keep your coffee fresh for a long period of time, then we would certainly recommend this brand.
- Too strong – if you are not a fan of overwhelming coffee flavors, then we would suggest that you opt for a different brand.
Next up, we have a Hawaiian single-blend coffee that is known for retaining its purity of flavor, even when it has been mixed with another blend of bean.
This is a very dark and rich coffee and your moccamaster will be sure to bring out some of the deeper notes of this coffee.
But that’s not all, strangely for a dark roast, these coffee beans come with plenty of sweet notes – we could definitely detect honey, chocolate and hazelnuts from these beans.
If you are going to want to pair any coffee with some dark chocolate cake or maybe even a lemon cake. This provides a good contrast to these sweeter treats.
This is a medium roast, which means that they aren’t very oily beans, but they do come with a lot of flavors trapped in them. They won’t require that intensive a brewing.
The only drawback of this coffee is the fact that it is rather expensive. You might have to fork out that little bit extra which, on top of shipping, will be very pricey.
- A dark brew – if you are looking for something that is very dark for a medium roast, then we would certainly nudge you in the direction of this coffee bean.
- 100% Hawaiian coffee – if you are looking for something that will give you a taste of the east coat, then you won’t go far wrong with this bean.
- Sugary – this is one of the sweetest flavors of coffee, which is great if you are looking for a decent accompaniment to cake or fruit.
- Doesn’t require intensive brewing – if you are looking for something that you can have ready in just a few minutes, then we would recommend this one.
- Expensive – this is one of the more expensive coffee beans on the market, which might rankle anyone looking to save cash on their weekly beans.
Next up, we have a very light roast coffee that will be the perfect breakfast blend to wake you up in the morning with your eggs on toast.
This coffee cup is very vibrant, giving you everything that you need for a decent boost in the morning. This comes with lighter notes that will be preserved perfectly when you put it through your moccamaster.
This coffee is roasted in small batches, which will certainly preserve the flavor and will not result in any dry and brittle beans.
These beans are selected for their aroma as well as their great taste. They are crisp, ideal for anyone who does not like the overpowering bitterness of a dark blend coffee.
These beans avoid all of the industrial processing methods that can often lead to damaged and flavorless beans. This is a single blend, and your moccamaster will be able to extract all the flavor very quickly and easily.
This coffee is also very reasonably priced, so you won’t have to worry about forking out all that money on your weekly coffee hit.
This can be enjoyed with milk or on its own, depending on your preference. We would suggest that you have this coffee black to savor all the beautiful notes.
- A very mild blend – this is great for those people who do not want to be bludgeoned awake by strong dark coffee in the morning.
- Sweet texture – this comes with a very smooth texture and a sweet flavor, making it ideal for pairing with cakes, cookies or lemon tart.
- Moccmaster-friendly – all you need to do is throw this one in your moccamaster and enjoy all of the subtle flavors that you might not get in an espresso machine or drip filter.
- Good price – if you are looking for a coffee that will not break the bank, then we would certainly recommend this one.
- Too mild – if you like that kick when you wake up in the morning, then this light roast might not be the right coffee for you.
Next up, we have a whole bean dark roast that is ideal for anyone looking to get that hit of full-bodied coffee before they start their working day.
This comes with a single blend that you can be sure your moccamaster will be able to squeeze all of those subtle flavors out of.
This is a really bitter coffee, which means that it will pair very nicely with bitter sweet stuff like dark chocolate.
If this coffee is a little bit too much for you, then we would suggest adding a dash of milk or cream to it. The richness of the flavor will really complement the creamy milk very well.
This coffee is sourced ethically, which will be a relief to anyone who has a social conscience even when they are buying their coffee.
This company goes far to ensure their coffee reaches you in the best possible condition. They do this by putting a roast date on the packet and ensuring that the product gets to your doorstep within 90 days of you ordering it.
You can use this with espresso grinders and drip filter coffee machines, making it one of the most diverse coffee beans on the market. This will give you a great cup of single-blend flavored coffee, no matter what machine you put it through.
- Rich and flavorsome taste – if you are looking for something that will give you a shock to the tastebuds, then we would certainly recommend this super-dark blend.
- Good price – this comes at a great price point, so you won’t have to worry about breaking the bank when you are picking up a bag week after week.
- Versatile – you can put this one in pretty much any machine, although if you want to extract the most amount of flavor, we would certainly recommend the moccamaster.
- 18-ounce bag – you get a lot of coffee for your money with this one. This is great if you are only an occasional coffee drinker and you want enough coffee to last you the month.
- Not for sensitive coffee drinkers – if you are someone who only likes that light bitter taste from their coffee, then we would recommend another blend.
If you have a moccamaster, then you’ll want certain properties from your coffee in order to preserve the flavor as well as the texture. Even though we have listed a lot of dark roasts above, a lot of people prefer to use a light coffee blend in their moccamaster as it will have a lot more subtle flavors.
Here are some things that you should be considering before you buy your next bag of coffee:
What Sort Of Blend Is it?
You can get single or multi-blend. If you have a multi-blend of coffee, then this means there is more than one type of coffee in there. With a single blend, you only get one type of coffee.
If you are going to be using a moccamaster, then we would recommend that you stick with the single blend. This is because the machine is designed to extract all the flavor from your blend, which might become muddy if you have more than one.
How Easy Are The Beans To Grind?
Having the right texture for the beans will definitely determine the final coffee that ends up in your cup. If you have dry beans, then you can be sure that you will taste them.
Oily beans are generally better to grind as they will give you the best flavor. This will all depend on the roasting method, so make sure you check the packet before you buy your beans.
How Much Do You Get Per Bag?
Having the right amount of beans for your needs is very important, especially if you are spending a lot of money. This will also depend on how much coffee you go through during the week. If you are a regular coffee drinker, then you’ll want at least 12 ounces in your bag.
Another thing you’ll have to consider is whether or not your coffee comes in a resealable bag. This will determine how fresh the coffee is and whether it will last over a period of time.
What Notes Does It Have?
As you have read from some of the coffees that we’ve listed above, these come with various notes. You can sweet notes or you can even get spicy notes. What notes that you have will also depend on whether you like your coffee strong and black or with milk.
Coffees also come with hints of other flavors, such as honey, almond or chocolate. These can be paired with a host of sweet treats for different flavor combinations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is A Moccamaster?
This is a machine that is made by a Dutch manufacturer that incorporates elements of pour-over and drip filter coffee machines. This is a great one if you like to stew your coffee and you want to sample all the subtle flavors of a single-bean coffee.
Which Is Better: Single Or Double Blend?
This will all depend on whether or not you like complicated flavors in your coffee. If you want a single flavor in your coffee, then we would recommend that you get single blend.
However, double-blend coffee will give you different blends, whether it is hazelnut and chocolate or honey and milk chocolate. However, some people are not a fan of these sometimes conflicting textures and flavors.
How Much Will I Have To Pay For A Bag Of Coffee?
You should not have to pay more than $20 for a decent coffee, although sometimes for the more exclusive premium blends you might have to spend a bit more.
You’ll also have to factor in the shipping costs of your coffee, which could add an extra $10 to the overall price of your coffee.
We hope that this article has helped you to decide what the best coffee is for your moccamaster. Remember that you should only really use a single-blend coffee with this machine in order to extract all the flavor from it.